Monday, April 30, 2012

I Highly Reccomend this.

Hello again..... I highly recommend that my blog readers look into this. During a disaster, or any survival situation, help could be hours away from you. I think that it is important that people go out, and take some basic classes to help. Granted, you will not be a doctor by any stretch of the imagination, but a little medical knowledge can mean the difference between life and death. I know that we come from all walks of life and all areas, so I have done my research to assist you all to the best of my ability. I want to be frank for a moment with this, as I am sure we are all aware of CPR classes that are always open to the public to attend. These are wonderful classes, but in a disaster or survival situation, unless you are able to get to proper care which includes, an AED, oxygen and medication quickly, the chances of someone surviving from a cardiac arrest situation are slim to none. That statement does not mean that I do not support CPR classes, because in deed I do. I hold CPR certification myself, and I highly recommend each and every reader of my blog to get certified in CPR. In a non disaster or survival situation, you can save a life with CPR. There are many places that teach CPR to the public. I suggest you contact your local fire department and inquire if they hold community CPR classes for the public. If they do not, they can point to you a place that does usually. If that fails, go to www.heart.org , the American Heart Association page. At the top of that page is a link that says CPR & ECC. Click on that link. Towards the bottom of that page you will see a link for Find A CPR Class. Please, feel free to take a CPR class, usually you only pay for the card that is issued to you. CPR is good for 2 years.

In addition to CPR I highly recommend that all my readers go out and take a basic first aid course. A first aid course will cover a lot of the items that I cover on my blog, but it will be well worth the effort for you, because of the first hand practice. Now if you go through the American Heart Association for your CPR class, talk to the instructor about their First Aid Class. It is well worth the time and effort. Not only will it benefit you in a disaster and survival situation, but in every day life as well. We all know injuries happen to people at all hours of the day and night. I have worked in Fire-Rescue for over 10 years now, and I can say first hand, that people who know basic First Aid are wonderful bystanders, because they can assist a person before EMS arrives and know the basics of what to do.

Some areas and places take first aid a bit further and offer a course for Wilderness First Aid. If you can find a wilderness first aid course, please do not hesitate to take it. I can only describe it as first aid on steroids. They will teach you more in depth, about what to do while you are actually in the wild more so than a regular first aid class. You will not regret ever taking one of these classes usually, because you will find something useful in that class. The knowledge of first aid and cpr can be very valuable, but only if you take the classes. You can read my blog, and gain the general knowledge of the skills, but practice is still very important, and I can not send you a card saying you are certified. Now,  I am not also saying, dont read my blog, because again, I will cover things that you may not learn in first aid, or more in depth than what you learned in first aid.

Until next time.. Stay Safe...
Country Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment